2017 Drive, Chip & Putt
- The Drive, Chip and Putt Championship is open to boys and girls ages 7-15. Boys and girls compete in separate divisions in four age categories: 7-9 years old; 10-11 years old; 12-13 years old; and 14-15 years old.
- Participants will be grouped based on their age as of the National Finals Sunday, April 1, 2018. Participants must be at least 7 years of age on Sunday, April 1, 2018, and may not be older than 15 years of age on Sunday, April 1, 2018. Please note: a player may participate in local, sub-regional and regional qualifying if he/she is 6 years old provided that he/she turn 7 years old prior to April 1, 2018. A 15-year-old who will turn 16 years of age prior to April 1, 2018, is not eligible to participate.
- Participants may register to compete in only one local qualifier.
- All competitors must conform to the USGA Rules of Amateur Status.
- The player’s clubs and golf balls must conform with the Rules of Golf and the provisions, interpretations and specifications set forth in Appendices II (for golf clubs) and III (for golf balls).
- For local qualifying, parents/guardians must complete an online entry application – available starting January 25, 2017 – on behalf of participants at the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship website, www.DriveChipandPutt.com.
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT on the date five (5) days prior to the local qualifier.
- There is no entry fee for the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship.
2017 Central New York PGA Section Drive Chip and Putt Events:
June 30th, 2017
Timber Banks Golf Club
3536 Timber Banks Pkwy, Baldwinsville, NY 13027
PGA Professional: Trey Walewski
July 20th, 2017
Vesper Hills Golf Club
4291 Octagon Rd, Tully, NY 13159
PGA Professional: Robbie Phelps
August 16th, 2017
Turning Stone Resort & Casino
5218 Patrick Road, Verona, NY 13478
PGA Professional: Miles Blundell
SCORING / COMPETING
- Each participant will compete in all three skills (Drive, Chip and Putt). An individual rules sheet for each skill competition is available at www.DriveChipandPutt.com.
- Participants will accumulate points in each skill. The participant with the highest number of accumulated points will be declared the overall champion of their age category.
- All participants must begin the competition at the local qualifying level.
- From local qualifying, the three overall point earners in each of the boys and girls divisions from the four age brackets will advance to the sub-regional qualifying level of the competition.
- The sub-regional competition is a new competition with no carryover from the local competition. The top two performers in each of the boys and girls division from the four age categories will advance to the regional qualifiers.
- The regional competition is a new competition with no carryover from the sub-regional competition. The top performer in each of the boys and girls division from the four age categories will advance to the National Finals to be held the Sunday before the Masters Tournament (April 1, 2018).
- The National Finals will take place at Augusta National Golf Club and be staged on its Tournament Practice Facility (Driving / Chipping) and 18th green (Putting). The National Finals is a new competition with no carryover from the regional competition.
- The National Finals will be produced and broadcasted on national television.
For more information or how to register please click here