Drive Chip and Putt Qualifying Information
- Drive, Chip and Putt is open to boys and girls ages 7-15. Boys and girls compete in separate divisions in four age categories: 7-9 years old; 10-11 years old; 12-13 years old; and 14-15 years old.
- Participants will be grouped based on their age as of the National Finals Sunday, April 7, 2019.
- Participants must be at least 7 years of age on Sunday, April 7, 2019, and may not be older than 15 years of age on Sunday, April 7, 2019. Please note: a player may participate in local, subregional and regional qualifying if he/she is 6 years old provided that he/she turn 7 years old prior to April 7, 2019. A 15-year-old who will turn 16 years of age prior to April 7, 2019, is not eligible to participate.
- Participants may register to compete in only one local qualifier.
- All competitors must conform to the USGA Rules of Amateur Status.
- The player’s clubs and golf balls must conform with the Rules of Golf and the provisions, specifications and interpretations set forth in Appendices II (for golf clubs) and III (for golf balls). The optional Conditions of Competition requiring that the driver the player carries is named on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads, the ball the player plays is named on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls, and the player's clubs must conform to the groove and punch mark specifications in the Rules of Golf that are effective from January 1, 2010 are NOT in effect. However, new models of irons, wedges, hybrids and fairway woods manufactured on or after January 1, 2010 must conform to the current groove and punch mark specifications.
- For local qualifying, parents/guardians must complete an online entry application – available starting January 25, 2018 – on behalf of participants at drivechipandputt.com.
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT on the date five (5) days prior to the local qualifier
- There is no entry fee for Drive, Chip and Putt.
2018 Central New York PGA Section Drive Chip and Putt Events:
July 12th, 2018
4291 Octagon Rd, Tully, NY 13159
PGA Professional: Robbie Phelps
July 20th, 2018
3068 Franklin Street Rd
Auburn, NY 13021
PGA Professional: Trey Walewski
August 15th, 2018
5218 Patrick Road, Verona, NY 13478
PGA Professional: Miles Blundell
SCORING / COMPETING
- Each participant will compete in all three skills (Drive, Chip and Putt). An individual rules sheet for each skill competition is available on drivechipandputt.com.
- Participants will accumulate points in each skill. The participant with the highest number of accumulated points will be declared the overall champion of their age category.
- All participants must begin the competition at the local qualifying level.
- From local qualifying, the three overall point earners in each of the boys and girls divisions from the four age brackets will advance to the subregional qualifying level of the competition.
- The subregional competition is a new competition with no carryover from the local competition.
- The top two performers in each of the boys and girls division from the four age categories will advance to the regional qualifiers.
- The regional competition is a new competition with no carryover from the subregional competition. The top performer in each of the boys and girls division from the four age categories will advance to the National Finals to be held the Sunday before the Masters Tournament (April 7, 2019).
- The National Finals will take place at Augusta National Golf Club and be staged on its
- Tournament Practice Facility (Driving / Chipping) and 18th green (Putting). The National Finals is a new competition with no carryover from the regional competition.